Somerville, New Jersey or Toledo, OH
MERIT Controls is seeking a highly motivated, diligent individual for a Sales Engineer position within our Technology Engineering Division and will use engineering expertise to support sales & marketing, maintain & expand client relationships, and support project management of Merit’s turnkey Controls products.
Qualified candidates possess strong communication skills combined with technical knowledge to facilitate multiple project level phases. A well organized, agile individual that can operate with a degree of autonomy with overall guidance is desired.
- Coordinate proposal development and submission process
- Gather information, create detailed proposals, conduct cost estimating, and submit proposals to clients
- Become a subject matter expert for the product
- Develop discrepancy lists based on customer proposal documentation and get agreement from customer
- Maintain contact with clients in advance and in follow-up of submitting proposals
- Conduct continuous improvement efforts for proposal documents and processes
- Routinely update cost estimating tools to ensure alignment with procurement costs
- Serve as advisor for unique engineering solutions when necessary
- Serve as point of contact for established customers, especially for procurement and project management personnel
- Support sales and marketing efforts as required. Some travel required to support field and marketing activity.
- Provide follow-through to ensure that requirements identified in proposal phase are communicated to engineering and execution personnel
- Support product roadmap through active engagement with customers and vendors
- Support product launch activities and assist with Tradeshows, Conferences and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training activities
- Support creation of sales enablement tools to support growth of the business
- Support project management activities, including attending weekly project meetings, responding to customer inquiries for ongoing projects, and maintaining project schedules
- Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with customer project requirements and associated technical documentation.
- Maintain dashboards for bi-weekly sales operations meetings, updating KPIs regarding sales efforts
- Train associates, including operators, maintenance, engineers, etc. as required
Travel: up to 25%
Preferred Position Requirements:
- Relevant experience in energy, process/grid controls. Renewable energy experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering related field i.e. Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical.
- Excellent client interface skills and the ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong; able to revise and adapt as necessary
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of electric utility industry infrastructure, regulation, and business structures
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and possessing a high level of integrity
- Ability to synthesize information and data from numerous sources into coherent presentations
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments
- Enthusiasm to take on new and challenging tasks
- Strong interest in renewable energy, energy storage and their applications
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment
- Willingness to travel to customer offices and power plant construction sites
- Sense of humor and social affinity
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary. Willing to obtain certification in First Aid and CPR, OSHA 10
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.