Toledo, OH or Somerville, NJ
MERIT Controls is seeking a highly motivated, professional, diligent individual for a Service Manager position within our Engineering Team. The Service Manager is tasked with operating and growing the Merit Controls Services Business.
Qualified candidates possess strong leadership and communication skills, attention to detail, commitment to task, and technical knowledge. The Service Manager will manage the service team, handles customer service interactions, analyzes failures, performs troubleshooting and upgrades, establishes processes and procedures, and generates reports.
- Perform duties as required by service contracts
- Perform annual review of service contracts, verifying all required tasks are captured.
- Consult with the Sales/BD teams to offer Long Term Service Agreements (LTSAs) with varying degrees of support and services.
- Report on support metrics, such as response and resolution time, to Leadership Team.
- Provide report to customers detailing report metrics, such as response, uptime and resolution times.
- Maintain excellent customer service and strong customer relationships
- Engage customers in service renewal and expansion
- Establish policies and procedures for the Services organization
- Track internal and external deliverables in support of completing project on time and budget
- Working with the Product Management and Business Development teams, grow Merit Controls Service offerings in scope and scale
- Manage the growing services organization
- Manage external services providers
- Ensure project safety compliance and standards are met
- Create and maintain regular communication and comprehensive documentation both internally and externally with the goal of full compliance with contracts and schedule
- Track and report key metrics internally and to the customer
- Participate in and lead meetings with the customer, contractors, vendors and other stakeholders
- Enforce quality control and assurance
- Work with the internal team to conduct analysis, develop and deploy solutions
- Participate in customer and site visits as appropriate
Full Time Position
Direct reports: 1 FTE initially
Travel: up to 20%
Preferred Position Requirements:
- Previous service management and people management experience required, renewable energy experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of electrical systems and software
- Understanding of OT based solutions, specifically with regards to SCADA and control systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments
- Ability to motivate others
- Enthusiasm to take on new and challenging tasks
- Strong interest in renewable energy and its applications
- Strong leadership, quantitative and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, commitment to task, customer focus, flexibility, initiative
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment
- Critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving is required to effectively manage the day-to-day services work flow
- Willingness to travel
- Sense of humor and social affinity
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.