Clinton, New Jersey
MERIT Controls is seeking a highly motivated, diligent individual for a Network Engineer position within our Technology Engineering Division to grow our industry leading SCADA, Controls, Network, and Data Analytics platform for renewable energy including Solar, Energy Storage and Wind. This Network Engineer will work with a cross-functional team to execute infrastructure, networking, and telecommunication tasks through full design, procurement, development, implementation, and commissioning.
Qualified candidates possess strong communication skills combined with technical knowledge to facilitate multiple project level phases. A well organized, agile individual that can operate with a degree of autonomy with overall guidance is desired.
- Create, implement, and support network integration for small-to-large scale PV, energy storage, and wind sites.
- Network architecture and design with Cisco, Hirschmann, and Palo Alto products
- Creation of network architecture drawings, IP schemas, and other network documentation required for each project.
- Maintain network security devices and technologies such as firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), certificate management, DNS, DHCP, software defined networks (SDN) and network segmentation technologies
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues with third party devices and vendors
- Provide guidance with regards to fiber optic network design
- Create and support remote connectivity from Azure environment to site (VPN or IPSEC)
- Support policies dictated by the Merit Controls cybersecurity and compliance policy, ensuring safe and secure plant networks.
- Support a customer portal, allowing customers to access and view site related data in a secure environment (Azure).
- Provide monthly breakdown of recurring costs such as monthly Azure fees and firewall support agreements
- Support pre-Sales in identifying, scoping, and pricing Industrial Networking opportunities
- Participate in the proposal phase of major projects including research and analysis based on customer proposals, specifications, or other information to assist in pre-project planning.
- Configure and support site server equipment, physical and virtual environments (VMWare)
- Support telco communications for remote sites
Full Time Position
Travel: up to 25%